Excellence Chilli Mousse
- 260g Lindt Excellence Chilli, melted
- 200ml Pure cream, 35% fat
- 5 each Eggs at room temperature, separated
- 40g Caster sugar
- Serves: 8
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1. Place egg yolks into a small bowl and whisk with half the sugar until pale.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whip up the cream to ribbon stage.
- 3. In a clean and dry bowl, make a meringue with the egg whites and the remaining sugar.
- 4. Mix a little of the melted chocolate with the egg yolk in order to warm the yolks slightly.
- 5. Then mix the rest of the chocolate into the yolks.
- 6. At this stage the mixture looks like it might set but just mix in the cream with a whisk create a smooth mixture.
- 7. Gently fold in the meringue.
- 8. Cover with cling film and allow the mousse to set in the fridge for 2 hours.
TIP: Serve quenelles on a spoon for an elegant chocolate treat or top with some berries.