Chocolate and Orange Pudding
- 75g Butter, unsalted, melted
- 45g Self raising flour, sifted
- 120ml Orange juice
- Orange zest
- 90ml Cream
- 80g Raw caster sugar
- 2each Eggs, separated
- 160g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa, melted
- 60ml Orange juice
- 60g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa, chopped
- Serves: 6-8
- Cooking time: 25 mins
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- 1. Combine the butter, flour, orange juice, zest, cream, sugar and egg yolks in a bowl and mix to combine.
- 2. Mix the melted chocolate with the second amount of orange juice to create a smooth ganache.
- 3. Fold into the mixture.
- 4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and gently fold under the batter.
- 5. Lastly mix in the chopped chocolate.
- 6. Divide into buttered dishes and place into deep oven trays.
- 7. Place in the oven and fill some hot water to half way up the dish into the tray.
- 8. Bake for around 15 minutes or until the pudding is starting to colour slightly on top.
- 9. Serve slightly warm.
Delicious puddings are unique as they have a cakey top yet are custardy on the bottom.
Baking them in individual dishes or ramekins makes a delectable treat for a quick chocolate indulgence. Simply adjust the baking time accordingly.