- 150g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa
- 500ml Cream
- 1each Whole egg
- 1each Egg yolk
- 75g Caster sugar
- 50g Almond slivers, toasted
- 50g Pistachios toasted
- Serves: 8-10
- Cooking time: 20 mins (Make the day before to allow to freeze overnight)
- 1. Place 125 ml of the cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a moderate heat. In the meantime, break the chocolate into small pieces, and melt in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- 2. Once the cream is boiling, turn off the heat. Add the melted chocolate all at once, whisking until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Set aside.
- 3. Put the remaining cream in a large bowl and whip to ribbon stage (thicken slightly).
- 4. Mix together the egg, egg yolk and sugar in an electric mixer with a whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
- 5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, creating a smooth mass.
- 6. Gently fold 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate mix, and then fold in the remaining cream.
- 7. Add in the almonds and pistachio nuts and blend well.
- 8. Pour the mixture into a paper-lined triangular mould or small cake tin and smooth the top. Cover with cling wrap and freeze overnight.
- 9. When ready to serve, remove the mould from the freezer and cut into pieces. Let sit for a few minutes to soften slightly and then serve immediately.
TIP: Use a hot knife to cut the pieces and ensure to clean the knife after each cut.