Milk and Chocolate and Coconut Crème Brûlée
150g Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy
440ml Coconut cream
70g Castor sugar
200g Egg yolks (about 10 eggs)
- Serves: 8
- Cooking time: prep 15mins, baking 40-45mins. Best prepared the night before.
Preheat the oven to 150°C
- 1. Place egg yolks in a bowl.
- 2. Mix coconut cream, cream and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil on a moderate heat. Remove from heat and pour approximately a quarter over egg yolks and whisk.
- 3. Break up chocolate in a separate bowl and add remaining boiled cream, stirring until all the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the egg yolk mixture and Malibu, ensuring mixture is smooth.
- 4. Divide the brûlée mix equally into ramekins and place into a deep baking dish, adding enough boiling water to the baking dish to reach halfway up the ramekin sides.
- 5. Gently bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until just set. A brûlée is cooked when the custard is set on the sides but remains slightly soft in the centre. Caramelise just before serving.
*To achieve the distinctive finish on a brûlée, sprinkle an even layer of caster sugar on top of the dessert and using a brûlée torch caramelise the sugar until golden brown. Best to complete a couple of layers for a rich and thick crust.