Excellence 70% Cocoa Fondant
260g Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa
70g Butter, unsalted
50g Castor sugar
Pinch of Salt
30g Plain flour, sifted
- Serves: 8
- Cooking time: 7-8 mins
Preheat the oven to 200°C
- 1. Butter moulds or ramekins to prevent fondant from sticking.
- 2. Gently melt together the butter and the chocolate.
- 3. In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt until light and pale.
- 4. Mix a little of the chocolate mixture into the eggs to bring up the temperature and then fold in the rest.
- 5. Sift in the flour and gently fold in until all ingredients are combined.
- 6. Divide mixture into the moulds/dishes and place in the hot oven.
- 7. Cook for 7-8 minutes. The cake with start to pull away slightly from the edge and feel dry on top but remain wobbly in the centre.
TIP: Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes and then turn out onto serving plate. Serve with vanilla crème fraiche.